2018 National Smokers & BBQ Weekend Menu Ideas

For those members attending the 2018 National Smokers & BBQ Weekend, this is the thread to post up your menu ideas for the weekend.

We like to have some idea what people are thinking of cooking so we end up with a good variety of food, instead of 20 racks of ribs and 5 lots of Pit Beans.

Some ideas I am toying with for the Smokers Weekend.

Whole Roasted Cabbage with Bacon & Onion Stuffing.

Italian Summer Donut.

Some sort or Burnt Ends, (either Pork or Beef).

Ribs?

Belly Pork.

Chorizo & Onion Side Dish

Veggie Dish

Whole Roasted Cabbage with Vegeterian Chorizo & Onion

Veggie Meat Loaf

On 7/4/2018 at 6:02 AM, Icefever said:

Mrs Ice makes a sun dried tomato & onion bread it works well with most fillings,  I love mature cheese in it. It's weird because at the start the tomato shines through,  then the next day the onion is more pronounced.

Hmm that two recipes in one loaf !  I do sun dried and oregano - and also Onion and bay.   Does Mrs Ice use the onion for the lift it gives?

On 7/4/2018 at 6:02 AM, Icefever said:

Mrs Ice makes a sun dried tomato & onion bread it works well with most fillings,  I love mature cheese in it. It's weird because at the start the tomato shines through,  then the next day the onion is more pronounced.

That sounds great. We usually end up buying in bread rolls - it would be great to have some home made bread too :thumb1:

I being dying to cook pacific rim pork roast on the wsm but never done it so that is me with a mango salsa.

Sides smoked artichoke pasta with lemony vinaigrette.

Hickory spiced mixed nuts for nibbles (with mara seaweed not salt)  with the beer

Never cooked either of these, so will give them a go.

Happy to cook something else if these already covered off.

MY weber kettle will be free for use as I will only do nuts and artichokes and peppers on it for the pasta dish.  

All this assume i can get a pitch for my one man bivvy

23 minutes ago, Justin said:

All this assume i can get a pitch for my one man bivvy

I had no problem when we booked our tent on Sat or Sun....if there is you can always slide along side us.  They say the pitches are 6mx8m...more than enough for two tents.

Ice

4 minutes ago, Icefever said:

I had no problem when we booked our tent on Sat or Sun....if there is you can always slide along side us.  They say the pitches are 6mx8m...more than enough for two tents.

Ice

Ice, thanks that is a kind offer.  I iwll see if I can get a pitch and if not may take you up on it and see if it can be blagged, my bivvy is real small with a big bed!  fishing kit innnit

Edited by Justin
typos

ICE, Wade has sent me booking code etc but let me know what they say and if you OK about it I will pitch  next to you to be friendly.  Otherwise I can book a pitch maybe and give you some space. Your choice really, I will not be offended.

Edited by Justin
typos