2018 National Smokers and BBQ Weekend. Billing Aquadrome. 20-22 July

Wade

On 5/24/2018 at 4:20 PM, Smokin Monkey said:

Little bit of advertising for the Smokers Weekend @ Northampton. 

7D520E76-B7B7-41C6-A8C4-23CF72C02ABC.thumb.jpeg.d851241c8846d8d6ebe1b01976393996.jpeg

Could find its way to a certain Judge at this Weekends Brew & Q Festival.

It was also worn at QFEST last weekend too :thumb1:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just had this most wonderful idea for a club project at Billing....wait for it...this Landman BBQ that's just landed on our front door,  it's flat packed.

We'll bring it with us and everyone can have a go at putting it together..I think it's called team building....what do you think about that then????   I don't see too many hands in the air... b0201.gif

defoe making it, sorted it out, will travel up friday and leave sunday.  Might even bring a rod seeing the lakes there!  Whoops not sure my car is  big enough! Food beer Music sounds great, hope for niceish weather

Yes please though ice has very kindly offered me a slot on his pitch!  So welcoming. roll call done already wade,  I will come to Biliing and meet people, should be fun. see if I can pull off the pork  smoke, do not get much chance at home to do things like this as there is only 2 of us......what time is Friday arrival set up?

2 hours ago, Justin said:

what time is Friday arrival set up?

Friday is a bit of a movable feast. We aim to get there at about 5-6 pm. It is mostly about getting set up ready for Saturday and then sharing some wine and beers and enjoying some ad-hoc food that anyone feels that they want to cook and share 

10 hours ago, Wade said:

Friday is a bit of a movable feast. We aim to get there at about 5-6 pm. It is mostly about getting set up ready for Saturday and then sharing some wine and beers and enjoying some ad-hoc food that anyone feels that they want to cook and share 

We'll be there around the same time, won't take long to throw our tent up.....so if another pair of hands are required on setting up just shout. :yahoo:we don't want to get in the way thou.

As we're new to all this,  how does Sat play out?.  Is there a sort of timeline??  I think I see mention of a fridge trailer?  is that for all the meats the folks are going to bring?

We have a small 12v fridge when camping but nowhere big enough for what we want to bring along.. ?

On Saturday there is a time fixed for the feast to begin and everyone works towards that. This will be at about 5 pm - but we will confirm the exact time on the Friday evening. This means that if your food is only going to take 30 minutes then start preparing you need to start at ~4:30 pm but if it takes 12 hours then you will need to start at 5 am ?. In practice we find that most BBQs are lit between 8 and 9 am. Because there is such a variety of foods being prepared there is a lot of time where things are just cooking and need little attention and this is why we try to find a venue that also offers things to do for the non smokers. This is the first year we have been at Billing but it is a family orientated location and we have the added bonus that there is the tribute band festival happening that weekend too.

As there is only a limited amount of food that any one person can eat, we find that we end up with several times more food than than is needed for the group. We therefore open up the food table to other people on the campsite to come and experience good smoked BBQ. We find this generates a lot of interest and has started people smoking BBQ that would not have considered it before.

Depending on peoples requirements we can also arrange "master classes" during the day if there is something that they want to see demonstrated. Often these go along with the food preparation itself - e.g. preparing ribs, brisket, pulled pork and Fattys. We can also demonstrate things like salmon curing or  bacon making if there is a demand.

Yes, there will be two walk in fridge trailers. At least one will be cold and the other can be used for storage. These are available for everyone to use. We are very hot on food safety and will be monitoring correct food handling - we don't want anyone to get sick. Because of this we will provide raw meat preparation tables, disinfectant sprays, latex gloves etc. Most of it is simple common sense and we will help if you have any questions. We will also provide heated serving trays to ensure that the food remains hot as it is being served. 

:thumb1:

• Like 1

We'll sort the money out over at the do,  no problemo dude..I will need your Surname   ? you're a distant cousin twice removed.  ? as far as they know. 

I have to email them with all your info later today so when you arrive you tell them your on our booking.  I'll send you a copy so that everything tallies up.

PM sent.

Ice

Edited by Icefever

• Wade unpinned and unfeatured this topic